When using the built in blog engine in Shopify I noticed that indexing of blog posts were really slow for my new ecommerce site Superhund.no. This will mostly be an issue for new Shopify stores with few inbound links.
How to solve slow indexing of Shopify blog posts
- Share new blog posts on social media like Twitter
- Open Google Search Console and go to Crawl -> Fetch as GoogleBot. Submit your new blog post and ask for Google to crawl it by submiting it to index
- Add links to new blog posts from the front page
So make sure your hard work isnt for nothing and get your blog posts indexed to Google.
To understand the impact of search and where we are heading in the future, watch this TEDx talk by Marcus Tandler.
When looking at the source code of MattCutts.com/blog/ I noticed that the footer links are hidden with CSS. In my opinion that’s a bit sloppy and can potentially be against Google’s Webmaster Guidelines. Matt “wrote the book” on this type of stuff, so it’s obviously not a deceptive blackhat move. It could be a test. But maaybe it could also confuse other people using the same techniques because “Hey, Matt does it on his blog..”. [Read more…] about WordPress SEO advice for Matt Cutts – don’t use css to hide footer links 😉
2012 was eventful to say the least. Last year I did an interview on SEO tips for 2012. This year is no different. I asked 15 trusted experts in the SEO community about the changes we saw last year and what we can expect in 2013. This is a must read for anyone working with SEO. [Read more…] about 15 experts on SEO tips for 2013
Why obsess with site speed?
Site speed has been used as a signal for rankings since 2010. There are lots of benefits of having a blazing fast site:
- Better user experience
- People spend longer time on your site if it loads fast
- Search engines can crawl your site faster [Read more…] about WordPress Performance And Speed Optimization Tips